- Superintendent's Corner
- Annual Reports
- Internet Criminal History Access Tool
- Parent GCN Training Modules
- Job Opportunities
- LCS Staff Directory
- Special Education Information
Blue Devil Dash
The 10th Annual Blue Devil Dash
Sponsored by Lawton PTO
WHAT IS THE BLUE DEVIL DASH?
- An elementary school wide event in which all students (& teachers) participate.
- Participants will get pledges, run or walk laps and then collect money for their school PTO.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE DASH?
- To include the Lawton Elementary community in a fitness awareness event.
- With your help we hope to make this the only PTO fundraiser for the entire school year.
- To raise the funds needed to maintain and support the PTO - 100% of the proceeds go directly to the PTO; to support Lawton Elementary School and programming for your children such as: Teacher Needs, Playground equipment, After prom bash, The Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, School T-Shirts, Nature Center Program, Spring Carnival, etc.
WHAT DO THE CHILDREN DO FOR THE BLUE DEVIL DASH?
- Have a TON OF FUN!
- Use their pledge form to collect money for their school.
- Run/walk as many laps as possible on Dash Day (10/06/17). The Dash will be held at the High School Track.
- All students participate whether or not they have collected any pledges.
- Each class will have a scheduled time to walk/run.
- Join us for The Dash and cheer your child on!
WHAT DO THE CHILDREN GET FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE DASH?
- Understanding of the importance of exercise.
- Appreciation of teamwork and school unity within Lawton.
- Every student receives a FREE snack on Dash Day.
- Every student has a chance to win fabulous prizes... details attached!
WHAT ABOUT PLEDGES?
- Start collecting pledges now! Use the attached form; sign up friends & family to sponsor your child on the walk/run.
- Sponsors can pledge a per lap or set/flat amount.
- Please do not allow your children to go door-to-door alone to solicit pledges.
- Accumulated pledges of $25.00 per student will achieve our goal.
- If your family prefers not to solicit pledges for this fundraiser, please consider making a donation (tax deductible).
- Pledge forms MUST be returned to the teacher by October 4th or before.
- Do NOT send money at this time. (See details below)
- DO NOT separate the carbonless duplicate pledge forms!!!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE EVENT?
- Each child receives an envelope with their name on it and how many laps they completed. It will show the total dollar amount your child should collect from his/her sponsors.
- Students should now collect their pledges. Make checks payable to Lawton Parent Teacher Organization.
- All students should return their envelopes to their teachers by Monday, October 16th.
** DOCUMENTS AND SCHEDULE FOR BLUE DEVIL DASH:
- Run schedule
- Prizes available
- Pledge form
- Volunteer form
- I-Chat form
- Online pledge donation ** NEW FOR 2017 **
If you have any questions about the Blue Devil Dash in general, please contact
Chairperson: Shawn Marr / (H) 269-624-9614 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Should the “Dash” be rained out … The event will be held Thursday, October 12th … Cross your fingers for good weather!!!
All students will be outdoors running with their classmates – Please dress them appropriately.
Parent volunteers are needed to help manage the activity and direct students.