- Superintendent's Corner
- Annual Reports
- Internet Criminal History Access Tool
- Parent GCN Training Modules
- Job Opportunities
- LCS Staff Directory
- Special Education Information
Lawton Parent Teacher Organization
Events & Committees
*** Remember that to be involved in school functions you must have an updated (a new form must be completed each school year) I-Chat form on file in the Elementary Office ***
- Lawton Elementary Blue Devil Dash - The only fundraiser the PTO requests parents solicit monetary donations from family, friends, neighbors and businesses. Each donation is tax deductible. This fundraiser not only raises necessary capital to continue funding new and existing programs at the elementary, it aids teachers, assists with classroom needs and school functions; it promotes teamwork, healthy competition and exercise.
- KISS (Kids Invite Someone Special) formerly Grandparents Day - This event is a fun day where kids are allowed to invite an important individual in their life to share a day at their school. It gives children an opportunity to show adults where they "live" while at school and share part of their day. The PTO (with the help of the Elementary Staff) provide fun activities during the visit.
- Scheduled for March 3, 2016
- Holiday Craft Night - The Elementary kids are invited to make crafts for the holidays (gift wrap is available) or just for fun. This is a free event.
- Typically held in December
- Carnival - This event is to let kids celebrate a super school year. It is held during the school day and invites parents/guardians to join us for games and snacks.
- Typically held the first Friday following Memorial Day
- Book Fair(s) - The PTO typically assists with the book fairs 2-3x a year. All proceeds earned at the book fair go directly back to the library for new books and materials. The PTO assists by recruiting volunteers to work time slots during the week and to set up/tear down the fair:
- In the fall the book fair is scheduled the week of conferences: Oct 10 - 17 (we'll need night helpers)
- In the spring the book fair is scheduled for Feb 27 thru Mar 3rd (we'll need daytime helpers)
- Staff Appreciation Week Committee - The PTO typically provides the Elementary staff with some sort of appreciation snack, meal or gift during this annual holiday. We need volunteers to help plan and execute this event - Help show our staff how much we care / love what they do for/with our precious children.
- Conference Food Committee - The PTO provides the teachers and staff with food during the weeks of conferences during the school year. We need helpers to volunteer to make (& deliver to the staff room) a dish/desert for the staff to enjoy during their super busy week!
- Yearbook Committee - Participation in this committee can either be involvement with the actual assembly of the book or simply just the contribution of photo’s to the project. We need people from each grade to make sure all students are equally photographed – With out enough help, the same students will be pictured in the yearbook. Send all photo's to: email@example.com