LHS Athletics Contact:
101 Blue Pride Dr.
Lawton, MI 49065
Lawton Hall of Fame
The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize alumni and other individuals associated with the Lawton Community Schools for their achievements and contributions to the District and to society. If you know someone that is worthy of being nominated, please click here to download the nomination form.
Lawton Community Schools is pleased to announce the 2016 Hall of Fame class. The LCS Hall of Fame celebrates our history by recognizing individuals or groups who have made significant contributions to our schools or have demonstrated outstanding achievement in athletics, academics, career or community work. This year’s inductees are:
- Bill and Jeanne Cronenwett – longtime supporters of Lawton Schools programs and active community members.
- Vaughn Cornish – Lawton alum, teacher, coach and namesake of senior male athlete award.
- Marilyn Holladay – Lawton teacher and first coach of girls’ varsity teams. Namesake of female senior athlete award.
- Charlie Maxwell – Lawton alum, famous major league baseball player.
- The 1966 and 1967 LHS Cross Country teams which won back to back MHSAA State Championships.
Click here to see more about th 2015 inductees.
Mrs. Holladay will be recognized at halftime of the Girls Basketball game on Friday, January 22. A reception in her honor will be held in the Hall of Fame corridor starting at 5:30pm.
The other inductees will be recognized between the girls and boys varsity basketball games on Friday Feb. 26 also with a reception beginning at 6:00pm.
Thank you to the Hall of Fame committee for your work on this important project!
Congratulations to these outstanding Blue Devils and their families!