Lawton Middle School
100 Blue Pride Dr.
Lawton, MI 49065
1st Hour: 8:00 - 8:58
2nd Hour: 9:02 - 9:55
Achievement: 9:59 - 10:29
3rd Hour (6th gr.): 10:33 - 10:59
then 11:32 - 11:59
3rd Hour (7th/8th gr.):
10:33 - 11:26
4th Hour (6th/7th gr.): 12:03 - 12:57
4th Hour (8th):
11:30 - 12:23
Lunch: 10:59 - 11:28 (6th gr.)
Lunch: 11:30 - 11:59 (7th gr.)
Lunch: 12:27 - 12:57 (8th gr.)
5th Hour: 1:01 - 1:54
6th Hour: 1:58 - 2:55
Lawton Middle School
DRESS CODE (pg. 5 in your agenda)
(2017 - 2018)
We take pride in the appearance of our students.¬† Your dress reflects the quality of our school.¬† Student dress is a factor in the establishment of a positive educational atmosphere.¬† Clothing should be modest, clean, neat, and appropriate for school. Students are required to wear:
- Shoes or sandals at all times.
- Skirts and shorts fingertip length or longer.
- Shirts and blouses (tops) that cover the waist of pants/skirts (bottoms) when standing or sitting.
Clothing that the staff considers to be disruptive to our learning environment and are NOT permitted are:
- Pants that sag.
- Pajama bottoms.
- Tank tops, sleeveless t-shirts, mesh shirts / blouses, belly shirts, blouses with spaghetti strap, low scoop blouses, plunging / revealing necklines, halter tops, or shirts of any kind with the sleeves cut off.
- Hats, caps, hoods, bandanas, scarves or other head coverings (special occasions only).
- Jackets, coats, and gloves are to be kept in the students‚Äô locker during the school day.
- Shoes with wheels, Heelys.
- Offensive writing or insignia, such as tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or sexual innuendos.
- Sunglasses, unless directed by a physician.
- Wearing articles that could be used in a harmful manner (i.e., chains, dog collars, spiked collars, spiked wrist bands, pant straps, chain wallets, etc.).
- Gang colors, ornaments, or symbols.
- Shredded Jeans are allowed in school as long as their skin is not visible above the knees.¬†¬†¬†
Any student who does not follow these appearance standards is subject to is disciplinary actions including detentions or suspensions.
Final interpretation of this code will be at the discretion of the school administration.