- Superintendent's Corner
- Annual Reports
- Internet Criminal History Access Tool
- Parent GCN Training Modules
- Job Opportunities
- LCS Staff Directory
- Special Education Information
Budget and Salary / Compensation Transparency Reporting
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
- A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
- Salaries and Wages
- Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
- Retirement benefits costs
- All other personnel costs
- A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
- Support Services
- Business and administration
- Operations and Maintenance
- Links to all of the following:
- The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
- Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
- The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
- The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000
- The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
- The annual amount spent on lobbying services
Section 1 - Board Approved Budget
Fiscal Year 2016 - 2017
2016 - 2017 Mid-Year Budget Amendment
Section 2a - Personnel Expenditures
Section 2b - Current Operating Expenditures
Section 3a - Collective Bargaining Agreements
Section 3b - Health Care Benefits Plan
Current Employer Sponsored Health Care Plans
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Plans
- Life & Long Term Disability Plan
Section 3c - Audited Financial Statements
Section 3d - Medical Benefit Plan Bids
Section 3e - Procurement Policy
Section 3f - Reimbursable Expenses Policy
Section 3g - Statement of Reimbursed Expenses
Section 4 - Employee Compensation Information
Section 5 - District Paid Association Dues
Section 6 - District Paid Lobbying Costs
The district did not pay any lobbying costs for year ended June 30, 2015.
Section 7 - Deficit Elimination Plan
Lawton Community Schools does not have a deficit and is therefore not required to file a deficit elimination plan.
Section 8 - District Credit Card Information
Section 9 - District-Paid Out-fo-State Travel Information
Lawton Community Schools did not incur any out-of-state travel costs during the 2014 - 2015 school year.
Section 10 - Educator Evaluation Systems Postings and Assurances
Additional school data may be located at: