Title IX Information
In compliance with the new Title IX Rule (effective August 14, 2020) schools are specifically required to post on their websites:
- The contact information for the school’s Title IX Coordinator(s);
- The school’s non-discrimination policy; and
- Training materials used to train the school’s Title IX personnel.
Source: US Department of Education
TItle IX Coordinators
Non Discrimination Policy:
Lawton Community Schools personnel who will serve as Title IX Coordinators, Investigators, Decision Makers, or Appeals Officers in the Title IX grievance process are required to participate in training as follows:
- Title IX's definition of "sexual harassment"
- The scope of the school's education program or activity
- How to conduct an investigation and grievance process
- How to serve impartially, including by avoiding pre-judgment of the facts at issue
- How to avoid conflicts of interest and bias
- Decision-makers must receive training on any technology to be used at a live hearing and on issues of relevance of questions and evidence, including when questions and evidence about a complainants sexual predisposition or prior sexual behavior are not relevant
- Investigators must receive training on issues of relevance to create an investigative report that fairly summarizes relevant evidence.
Source: U.S. Department of Education
Title IX Coordinators, Investigators, Decision Makers, or Appeals Officers
Thrun Law Firm: Title IX Comprehensive Training (October 2021)
Links to Training: